Monday, February 13, 2006

Mustaches A-Poppin'!




As was predicted in this space on Friday, it was certainly a busy weekend indeed: Oatmeal Cookie shots, Mustache Parties, bridal registries, 2 feet of snow, and, as an added bonus, Dick Cheney shot someone (can't wait for the Fox News angle: "Lawyer Involved in Theft of Cheney's Buckshot" -- or, "Cheney Makes Ammunition Donation to Local Supporter"). Perhaps others will post their own recaps of their weekends - I know The Schwizz will have some interesting things to say from Turino based on his text message to me on Saturday night. Something about Barbara Bush, Miss May 2002, jello shots, and a jacuzzi. One only hopes he was referring to the YOUNG Barbara Bush.

In any event, onto the real purpose of this post: Mustache pics! Please enjoy them and let me know if you want me to e-mail you the whole set (if you haven't already seen them). Also, feel free to leave a comment noting how incredibly sexy, sleazy, and/or gay we all looked.

YJIT

8 Comments:

At 10:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dougal looks like he just paid a visit to the "Blue Oyster".

 
At 4:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was a great time. At peak party time, there were around 50 dudes in mustaches, many of whom I didn't know. Essentially, it WAS The Blue Oyster Bar. In a related story, Mrs. Bookie threatened to file for divorce if I ever allowed myself to look like that on purpose. Thanks to YJIT for taking all the pictures. Sorry there wasn't more Schwizz representation.

 
At 6:24 PM, Blogger maybe i can help... said...

wow... great pics.
I love the 'staches with handlebars, but I think that there needs to be a larger representation of different types of 'staches. Next year (before I come up with some excuse of why I can't go) I'll try something original.

Also, I don't know if my eyes decieved me, but was Holzer in a picture sans 'stache? I hope I was seeing things, because that just should not fly.

 
At 8:14 PM, Blogger Theresa said...

Hey Joe - Did you really grow a mustache like that? It reminds me of the time I was in South Dakota in August. You know what happens in South Dakota in August, right? Sturgis. Scary. Sturgis. Where every bar is a biker bar.

 
At 11:50 PM, Blogger Toasty Joe said...

Hi, T. Yes, it was a real mustache, and no, I've never been to South Dakota in August (or any other month for that matter). Is Sturgis a town, or a man you met in a biker bar?

 
At 9:30 AM, Blogger maybe i can help... said...

I only know Sturgis from Hunter Thompson and various biker friends of mine, but I think that it would be safe to say that you all would be stomped like a Dougal at a biker rally if you showed up with those 'staches.

 
At 11:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not me. I just would have just smiled and said, "Stay classy Sturges."

 
At 11:37 AM, Blogger Toasty Joe said...

Bleaghh!! Milk was a BAD choice!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home