Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Chris Penn 1965-2006


RIP Nice Guy Eddie

Since I spend most of my life at a bar named after one of his most popular characters, I thought it was my duty to acknowledge the passing of Chris Penn. Whether you remember him from Reservoir Dogs, True Romance, Starsky and Hutch or, my personal favorite, Footloose, he definitely had more than “that guy” status. So, in honor of Mr. Penn, I will be at Nice Guy Eddies tonight downing shots and remembering my favorite Nice Guy Eddie moment.

“The man you just killed was just released from prison. He got caught at a company warehouse full of hot items. He could've fuckin' walked. All he had to do was say my dad's name, but he didn't; he kept his fucking mouth shut. And did his fuckin' time, and he did it like a man. He did four years for us. So, Mr. Orange, you're tellin' me this very good friend of mine, who did four years for my father, who in four years never made a deal, no matter what they dangled in front of him, you're telling me that now, that now this man is free, and we're making good on our commitment to him, he's just gonna decide, out of the fucking blue, to rip us off? Why don't you tell me what REALLY happened?”


Oh, and for the record, my favorite Chris Penn moment is this:

Ren: You like Men At Work?
Willard: what men?
Ren: Men at work.
Willard: well where do they work?
Ren: No, they're a music group.
Willard: well what do they call themselves?
Ren: Oh no! What about the Police?
Willard: What about 'em?
Ren: You ever heard them?
Willard: No, but I seen them.
Ren: Where, in concert?
Willard: No, behind you.

2 Comments:

At 11:01 AM, Blogger Toasty Joe said...

"Larry....STOP POINTIN' THAT GUN AT MY DAD!!"

 
At 5:23 PM, Blogger The Schwizz said...

well if it isn't sonny and scher
sit on it manetti

 

Post a Comment

<< Home