Thursday, July 14, 2005

Why the internet rules.

Today I found out two bits of information from the internet. First off, there is a game out there called Korfball. Apparently it's some co-ed basketball like game that has been around for years but is gaining in popularity in Europe.

I still don't really understand it, but according to a promotional video that I downloaded from the link above, Korfball:
  1. is played in more than 40 countries around the world
  2. encourages cooperative play
  3. promotes gender equality and "controlled physical contact" (heh)
  4. apparently encourages unattractive people to wear soccer jerseys and run around a lot
The other cool ass thing that I learned from the internet today is that you can bet on anything... including the World Korfball Games.

I think there should be a new sport called Dorfball. I don't know how to play, but am open to suggestions. It should involve some sort of tossing.

3 Comments:

At 3:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is the strangest thing, but I am oddly fascinated

 
At 5:21 PM, Blogger Toasty Joe said...

I could be wrong, but is that the immortal Vincent Schiavelli standing next to Dorf?

 
At 6:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

who won the caption contest?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home