Thursday, July 21, 2005

Two to One that Huey Lewis Wins

Because I find it amusing that people (particularly Europeans) will bet on anything, when i'm bored, I surf around some international online bookies. Well, during today's travels I happened upon the best money lines and odds bets that I have ever encountered. Apparently there is a "Karaoke World Championship 2005" web site... and even better, you can wager on it here.

I find it extremely hard to believe that Ireland is a favorite at 6-1, and I have to say that I am ashamed of the US for their poor showing at 20-1. Of course, the Cinderella story has to be that Iraq (35-1) is able to participate this year without the pressure of the old minister of sports. I am intrigued and need to find out if there is a website that has past performances on file... or at least keeps stats. The Finland based KWC website has some great pictures of the 2003 and 2004 finals. I am starting my training for KWC 2006 right now...

Just a smalltown girl.... livin' in a lonely worrrlllldd. She took the midnight train goin' annnywhere!

2 Comments:

At 3:59 PM, Blogger Shanshu said...

Karaoke World Championship?

*sigh*

You're right...people will bet on ANYTHING. That's so sad.

 
At 6:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm. Norwegian women seem to be pretty strong in this competition based on last year's results. Interesting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home