Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Mildly Interesting Celebrity Sightings


So I got home from work about 9:30 pm last night, only to find those movie trailer trucks parked up and down Second Avenue. My doorman tells me they're shooting something called "Train Wreck," and sure enough, I can pretty much see the whole thing from my terrace. So, The Flitgirl and I broke out my ancient Bar Mitzvah-present binoculars, and we spot a scruffy Seann William Scott and a surprisingly non-portly Jeff Garlin (from Curb Your Enthusiam) milling about with the extras in front of The Comic Strip Live. Then we get to watch from above as they shoot some scenes, including one scene where a rather, um, not-unattractive female (remember, Flittie is reading this) struts into the bar from the sidewalk. Pretty neat stuff. There's barely any info on IMDB for this one yet, but based on what we saw, I'm not exactly expecting Schindler's List.

On another note, tell me this hasn't been classic A-Fraud in the first two games of the season. Goes off, including a grand slam, in a 15-2 blowout, and then leaves everybody and their mother stranded on base in a tight 4-3 loss. Love it, love it, love it.

4 Comments:

At 9:24 AM, Blogger The Schwizz said...

A-Fraud is GAY GAY GAY. Another sighting that I had was Danny Devito, Rhea Pearlman and son at Balthazar when I had breakfast there a couple weeks back. Surprisingly their son was taller than both of them. Shouldn't their son be like 2 feet tall with those genes?

 
At 12:49 PM, Blogger Anneliese Kelly said...

Yes, Joe forgot to mention the hilariousness of watching the assorted extras pretend to be really drunk and partying raucously at the pretend sidewalk cafe they'd set up outside a hair salon. There was head banging, high-fiving, dancing and sombrero wearing. And no music.

 
At 1:54 PM, Blogger The Schwizz said...

Apparently this is Tod Harrison's directorial debut. Here's hoping he picks up a golden globe.

 
At 4:36 PM, Blogger The Schwizz said...

By the way, that Ranger game was awesome last night.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home