Monday, May 01, 2006

Best Sushi Ever


I did a whole west coast swing last week (Ben Kingsley passed on the project), and visited for the second time, what could be the best sushi place I have ever eaten at. It might be some of the best sushi in the country. the plkace is called Zushi Puzzle . That isn't me in the picture, but gives you a small idea of this tucked away restaurant located in the Marina area of San Francisco (Lombard between Buchanan and Webster).

As I have told everyone, if you like sushi and don't go to this place when you are in SF, you are really just missing the boat. Chef Roger goes to the market himself every (he said his last day off was last March) and makes some of the tastiest creations I have ever had in my life. In addition regulars have and design their own sake boxes, and Roger likes to play a game on the weekends called Wasabi Roulette where each person sitting at the bar gets a piece of a roll. One of the pieces has a huge ball of wasabi in it, and whoever gets it also gets to do a shot of Sake.

This place is everything a sushi place should be, and I suggest everyone should go, and tell Roger Josh from New York sent you.

In other news, there has been some scuttlebutt about the recent restructuring of the blog. Sometimes, as we say in the business, there are too many chefs in the kitchen. I do believe that Yes Joe has started an excellent blog of his own, and you should continue to also visit toastedjoe

Lastly, I found this response to the Lazy Sunday video from some west coasters called Lazy Monday

That being said, I think it si time for a new Top 5 of your favorite Saturday Night Live characters

5. Eddie Murphy's Mr. Robinson's Neighborhood
4. Tracy Morgan's Brian Fellows
3. Joe Piscopo's Frank Sinatra
2. Jon Lovitz's Michael Dukakis
1. Will Ferrell's Anything, but really George W. Bush

I know there are many out there, so feel free to give it a whirl.

6 Comments:

At 9:15 AM, Blogger maybe i can help... said...

hmmmm top 5 SNL is rough... I'm going giving a classic tilt on this one:

Father Guido Sarducci
Land Shark
Matt Folley, Motivational Speaker
Roseanne Roseanna Dana
and
Bill Murray's Lounge Singer

 
At 11:18 AM, Blogger Toasty Joe said...

1. Jackie Rogers, Jr. (Martin Short)
2. The Samurai (John Belushi)
3. Buckwheat (Eddie Murphy)
4. Nat X (Chris Rock)
5. The Coneheads (Dan Aykroyd, Jane Curtain, Larraine Newman)

How about LEAST favorite characters? For me that list begins and ends with the Will Ferrell/Cheri Oteri cheerleaders. God, I despised them.

 
At 4:26 PM, Blogger The Schwizz said...

I really never enjoyed Ladies Man, and I really am not into the Boston Nomahhh characters.

 
At 4:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some of my favs are:

1. The Continental...would you care for some champagne...

2. Behind the Music with Blue Oyster Cult's "Don't Fear the Reaper"...cowbell skit

and

3. Jacko is on his Backo

 
At 10:13 AM, Blogger SonnyD said...

This may be late, and no one will ever read it, but...

- Hanz and Franz
- Mr. Bill
- Church Lady
- The Ambiguously Gay Duo (do they count?)
- The Jeopardy characters (Sean Connery, Burt Reynolds, Alex Trebek)

...Looks like it's my lucky day...I'll take the rapists, for $100 Alex...

 
At 10:42 PM, Blogger stelios the big easy guy said...

911 was an inside job. Bush and Silverstein did it themselves.
**TRUTH** and the same goes for 7/7 cameron johnson

 

Post a Comment

<< Home