Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Easter peeps and other abominations


I got inspired to write this one last night, after The Schwizz and But I Want One Now! raided the Easter candy stash that the Flitgirl and I brought back from PA this past weekend. In fact, Sonny got so excited, we had to pack him a doggy bag full of marshmallow peeps to take back to Strong Island. (Apparently he got a little TOO excited, as evidenced by this picture of him taken later that night). With that in mind, what are your top 3 WORST and BEST Easter candies?

WORST:

1. Peeps, peeps, peeps. Dear lord, peeps. No more!
2. Black jelly beans. Inexplicably, everyone who was in my apartment last night loves these but me. How can that be? I've been tossing these in the garbage for over 30 years.
3. Little chocolate bunnies with a dark chocolate truffle center. I've been passing these off to Flitgirl. Too damn rich.

BEST:

1. Cadbury creme eggs, creme eggs, creme eggs! Dear lord, more eggs! Don't stop!
2. These little eggs made of chocolate with krispies (almost like a Krackle! bar in little egg form). Flitgirl made fun of me for thinking they were supposed to be little footballs. ("They're EGGS!")
3. Not sure what they're called, but they're these little unwrapped malted eggs with a semi-hard shell. Those were the first to go once I got my basket.

Merry Easter to all!

12 Comments:

At 9:28 AM, Blogger Toasty Joe said...

We'll miss you!

 
At 9:54 AM, Blogger Theresa said...

You should send me your Peeps. I love Peeps.

 
At 10:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey- "but i want one now" what is it that you want? beltrans big black cock in your mouth?

 
At 10:09 AM, Blogger Toasty Joe said...

I thought you were boycotting? You just can't get enough of us, admit it.

 
At 10:17 AM, Blogger Toasty Joe said...

I concur. The anonymous fungus needs to be wiped out with extreme prejudice. Best thing to do is just ignore him. If it is who I think it is, he thrives on attention. p.s. - beltran isn't black.

 
At 10:19 AM, Blogger SonnyD said...

No, what I want is for you to shove beltran's big black moley mole up yer ass.

So courageous of you to hide behind the 'anonymous' name. We know who you are anyway.

 
At 10:28 AM, Blogger Toasty Joe said...

Wow...it's hard to believe an innocuous post about Easter peeps could produce such vitriol.

 
At 10:29 AM, Blogger SonnyD said...

Cadbury eggs are #1.

Black jelly beans, phooey!

 
At 10:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I find it hysterical that bloggers with names like "yes joe, its toasted" and "but I want one now" accuse me of hiding behind a name. Unless of course Joe's name is really Joe. Furthermore, All but 2 of the posts displayed on this blog are from Joe. I think I have a point.

 
At 11:11 AM, Blogger Toasty Joe said...

That makes two posts since your boycott. Worst boycott ever.

 
At 10:24 AM, Blogger maybe i can help... said...

wow... i'm glad i'm out of town and don't have any time to deveote to this intelligent, well articulated argument. There's a simple solution to all of this. I can simplay take the ability to post anonymnously away. If you want to post, you have to make up a stoopid name like the rest of us. Do I have the approval of the team to do this?

 
At 10:33 AM, Blogger The Schwizz said...

The Schwizz' suggestion and solution to all of this is the following: I would like to get back to just having The Schiwzz, and Maybe I Can Help be the posters of this blog. I believe we have reached the point of diminishing marginal returns here, and we need to get back to the Super Quality posts we used to have. I mean, do we just quickly forget the Drakes vs. Hostess debate, and all the other idiotic and random postings that we left up for a couple days. Sorry to the others, but that is my thought.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home