Monday, September 12, 2005

A Wonderful Day

I just wanted to write something real quick today about yesterday, the 4 year anniversary of the World Trade Center attack.

Yesterday, if you just take the sports happenings (which many people pay attention to) was just a fitting way to spend this Sunday. In addition to watching the moving ceremony (which I always make sure I do) in the morning, I then proceeded to hang out with my friends to watch football all day.

Here is what happened yesterday. The New York Football Giants won at Giants Stadium. The New York Yankees beat the Red Sox at Yankee Stadium. Andre Agassi (USA) almost became the oldest winner of the US Open, played at Flushing Meadows, NYC. The Washington Redskins beat the Bears 9-7 (uggh) in DC. And, the New Orleans Saints beat the Carolina Panthers in a come from behind win, when everyone had said they would fold like a cheap suit in the aftermath of Hurrican Katrina.

I know it might sound trite and pithy, but I can't help but think that these players and these fans on these teams had a little something in the back of their head yesterday that spurred all this on. I think rememberance and adversity make you do funny things. And in this corner of the world, on one important day, it was pretty cool.

2 Comments:

At 4:54 PM, Blogger SonnyD said...

And don't forget that the Mets won as well, which may have been the most surprising win of the day...

 
At 5:08 PM, Blogger Toasty Joe said...

It's a lotta meat.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home